What is Software as a Service (SaaS)?
SaaS is a cloud-based software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis.
How can Tartan Advisors Help?
Small to mid-sized organizations are rapidly adopting SaaS solutions to help grow briskly, track and manage customer relationships, gain visibility and mobility access to operational and financial data, and streamline back-office operations. We assist clients in establishing a prudent cloud deployment plan to be achieved over time, develop a roadmap and business case, and structure criteria to conduct an effective SaaS vendor selection process. We provide guidance to deploy and realize an affordable SaaS solution.
Why do organizations use SaaS?
According to Forrester, SaaS usage will surge over 20% annually each year through 2020. An internet connection is all that is required to have complete access to these solutions. Organizations are moving to use SaaS for several reasons:
- Reducing/eliminating on-site IT costs (namely servers)
- Scaling IT capacity up and down to exactly meet seasonal business peaks and valleys
- Making mobile access and remote working arrangements for employees a reality
- Improving organizational capabilities for cybersecurity and data protection
- Positioning organizations for growth, leading-edge analytics, and the digital economy
This table shows a sample of leading SaaS providers in the marketplace.
|Popular SaaS Providers|
|Concur Travel & Expense|
|Microsoft Office 365|
|NetSuite Cloud Computing|
Following are links to informative SaaS YouTube discussions.
|SaaS Overview YouTube|
|What is Cloud Computing YouTube|
|Three Ways to Cloud Compute YouTube|
|SaaS Security Perspective YouTube|